HOW TO USE YOUR CARD SAFELY AND SECURELY
To help prevent fraudulent use of your card, here are steps you should take.
- Sign new cards as soon as you receive them. Safeguard them like cash.
- Keep your card account numbers and personal identification number (PIN#) in a confidential place and separate from your cards.
- Check your cards periodically to make sure none are missing.
- Destroy and dispose of copies of receipts, airline tickets, travel itineraries, anything that displays your card numbers.
- Memorise your PIN.
- Check out unfamiliar companies by calling your local consumer protection agency.
- Don't provide information that you're uncomfortable giving.
- NEVER give anyone the password that you use to log on to your online account or Internet Service Provider.
- Don't provide financial account information unless you are paying for a purchase using that account.
Review billing statements online when received and immediately report any unauthorized transactions to your issuing financial institution.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT FRAUD
Call the bank or financial institution that issued your card immediately. Your issuer may want to cancel your current card and issue you a new one. Check with your issuer to verify that your mailing address has not been changed.
If you still have your card but fraudulent purchases have been made, call your issuer to report the fraud and request a new card.
Also, contact the credit bureaus to let them know that fraud has occurred. A "Fraud Alert" message will be placed on your file. You should also request a copy of your credit report and review it carefully.
ZERO LIABILITY PROTECTION
Feel safe from unauthorized fraudulent purchases. On the web. Or anywhere else. You're always secure.
Check with your financial institution to verify they offer all the above referenced features.